Lotto System Reviews - The Truth!

Lottery Systems Real User Reviews (Non Affiliates)

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-01 04:38:40

Vyons

Man misses the Lotto 28 Million JackPot by seconds

I believe I have this correct..... a resident of Quebec Canada Joe fergan who purchased 2 separate lottery tickets back in 2008 one ticket of which was just before the 9:00 pm deadline, the 2nd Lottery ticket which was the 28 Million dollar JackPot Winner, was purchased just seconds after the deadline/cut off. They refused to hear his case in court, still costing him person about $100,000 in legal fees (took to this date to finalize) and the judgement was against him in the end refusing his case. His potential winning 28 Million lottery ticket was past the deadline, so they appointed another ticket as the legit winning ticket. The whole reason he thought his ticket should have been the actual winning ticket, is the clerk put in his request into the terminal before the 9:00pm deadline but the terminal was slow to complete, so completed the process a few seconds past the deadline but was already in the terminal.....

What do you feel is the right decision on this issue? Should they have given him the 28 Million dollar lotto jackpot or no?

I feel if it could be verified the ticket was in actual process before the deadline, just being slow do to terminal, he should be awarded at least part of the jackpot. I can just imagine the heart break feeling of being Sooooo darn close, but not getting a single cent.

Last edited by Vyons (2015-02-01 05:09:50)

Take a look at my website

#2 2015-02-03 05:25:13

MrMustang500

Re: Man misses the Lotto 28 Million JackPot by seconds

Vyons wrote:

I believe I have this correct..... a resident of Quebec Canada Joe fergan who purchased 2 separate lottery tickets back in 2008 one ticket of which was just before the 9:00 pm deadline, the 2nd Lottery ticket which was the 28 Million dollar JackPot Winner, was purchased just seconds after the deadline/cut off. They refused to hear his case in court, still costing him person about $100,000 in legal fees (took to this date to finalize) and the judgement was against him in the end refusing his case. His potential winning 28 Million lottery ticket was past the deadline, so they appointed another ticket as the legit winning ticket. The whole reason he thought his ticket should have been the actual winning ticket, is the clerk put in his request into the terminal before the 9:00pm deadline but the terminal was slow to complete, so completed the process a few seconds past the deadline but was already in the terminal.....

What do you feel is the right decision on this issue? Should they have given him the 28 Million dollar lotto jackpot or no?

I feel if it could be verified the ticket was in actual process before the deadline, just being slow do to terminal, he should be awarded at least part of the jackpot. I can just imagine the heart break feeling of being Sooooo darn close, but not getting a single cent.

Hey Vyons, the persons name who thought he had won the lottery jackpot was Joe Efergan and  it was not 28 Million, it was 27 Million and the ticket was issued 7 seconds past deadline. All I can say is a deadline is a deadline and ya it was very very close which really sucks big time! but still no cigar!

#3 2015-02-23 07:01:34

AlicaKwee

Re: Man misses the Lotto 28 Million JackPot by seconds

OH MY! I would be seriously absolutely freaking out if I was that close to having a jackpot win. You couldn't possibly have gotten any closer to the winning of the draw, "WOW" incredible!!!

The sad part is that Mr Efergan will most likely never come that close to winning the lottery again in his lifetime....well.....I guess it could happen again, some people have won the lottery more than just once. Anyways, I feel really bad for him that missed it by such a small margin.

It doesn't matter who you are, just where you have been and how you got there.

Board footer